zaterdag 13 juni 2015

On the road again!!!


For two weeks, suddenly my computer was out of order. A black screen with a list of endless long numbers.
Conclusion from an expert: 'Nothing to do..... it is over, dead! How long have you used this one, 6½ years? That is a long time, but sorry, it is over and done with it!'
What to do? I felt sad and before I knew what really happened, I was in a process of mourning.
Well well, was it so dramatically?
Yes..... for me it was!
No computer anymore, only an android tablet and that means for me a "first aid post", a temporary solution.
So, nothing more to do than looking around for a new notebook. Oh, oh, I am not such a hero on this subject.
In the meanwhile, I realised, that I can't live without a computer anymore.
I am from a time, in which everybody has to be silent at the moment, the telephone ringed. My father had to listen and spoke very concentrated, also we in the room, had to keep mouth.
Bank accounts?! Once I met a woman, who payed her monthly rent for her house, cash in an envelope, to the housing association.
Writing a letter?! Nowadays, it is common, to write an email. I attach value to take care for a letter, a stamp on the envelope and send this to another person, to get back a letter, within a short time, to sit down with a cop of coffee and read this letter.

I am not old att all, but the digital world, has changed so much in a very fast tempo, that I know since those two weeks, that I can not without my computer.
I have to get used on my new notebook, but I am glad that I can continue writing my blog and have the possibility to read good articles and google+ messages.
What has been, will not come back, except the memories.
I think that this new notebook and I will become good friends too!

Keep alive
Aleke!

P.S. English is not my native language!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten