dinsdag 24 maart 2015

The destruction of a family by religion


Human being has put down his highest potentials in Images of God.

In a period, I had a so called Burnout, I turned for support and comprehension to a representative of a recognized denomination.
You might expect a cautious pastor.
However, at the first moment I met this man..... it was wrong!
I became addicted to this person and his religious ideas.

It took about 12 years in which I lived an isolated life, in a mental cage.
I could break away from this situation, on my own resources.
After that, I came in a christian evangelical fundamentalistical church. The words: "God loves you and Jesus will save you", were the right words for me at that time. I was guilty, wasn't I?
I had left my children.

Every sunday, I went to the church, where the devine services took many hours with praying and singing.
After a couple of years, I left this church too. I understood, that this kind of religion became also an addiction.

I left behind all kind of churches and other forms of religion.

Since 1978, in the Netherlands, has addiction been recognized as a syndrome (illness).
But, when I talk about it with other people, they don't want to understand me.
As long as I understand myself, is that important for me.
But, to know that my three children refuse to accept, that I had an illness in those years, that I was addicted to a wrong pastor, that they even don't have any willingness to listen, is hard to believe.
I know, they have been victim of a situation, in which their mother became a believer. Suddenly I was no longer the mother as they knew me.
Now they don't care any more, as long as I stay far away from them.
They find support in each other in their opinion: 'Our mother was guilty, is guilty and will be guilty for ever'.
I have no chance to show my feelings for them or talk about their unresolved mental traumata.

Religion destroys more than you can imagine!

I can say for now and in the future: 
"Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker" (That what don't destroy me, makes me stronger)      Friedrich Nietzsche.

In my, till now manuscript "Alsof het goed was" (As if it was good), is more to read about this process.

Keep alive
Aleke.

PS. English is not my native language, but I use the principle: 'not HOW I write, but WHAT I write is important'.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten