maandag 13 april 2015

Christian militaries or militant christians?

Some time ago I discovered on Youtube a video, that showed us American soldiers, singing a christian song before their departure to..... ?
They sang together and in unison out of their heart.
I was shocked!!!
I recognized this song: These are the days of Elijah.

No, I haven't been in military service, but I have been member of a christian fundamentalistical church. That's the place where I've sung this song in full large conference halls, accompanied by so called worship teams with loud stired up music and people singing in full surrender during a divine service.
The song has a great attraction and it gives you a feeling that you are singing for God and He is present. You believe that it has a meaning to sing this song. It is a reality for you and it does an emotional appeal on you. But you go in a cloud where you can't think clearly.



Within the christian fundamentalistical, you are a warrior, a soldier in the army of God, a spiritual army.
But, where is the transition between spiritual soldiers and real soldiers who has been send out to a country to perform a so called peace mission (peace for whom). Said in other words, to bring freedom and democracy ?!
Or must I say that the American interests has to be saved, that is the interests of the big multinationals?
Something to think about!

It is remarkable and an evidence of nationalism, that the president of America says with his hand on his heart: 'God bless America'.
If it is necessary to bless, wouldn't it be better to say: 'God bless mankind'?

I don't be a member of any church, any belief anymore. It was a great struggle, to be freed from all kind of influences from these christian fundamentalistical ideas. May be I can say now, that I became a soldier to left all these manipulations and other manners of indoctrinations. To become clear in my head again! To become a human being, an individual!

Keep alive
Aleke

PS. English is not my native language.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten