dinsdag 20 oktober 2015

Eugene V. Debs..... Oktober 20, 1926

Eugene V. Debs, bw photo portrait, 1897.jpg

Eugene V. Debs (November 5, 1855- Oktober20. 1926)


In the book "Prison memoirs of an anarchist", I read about Eugene V. Debs and    I mean, a quote from him: 
Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. (taken from www.marxists.org)



"As long as there is one soul in prison, I am not free!"
Those words, had a deep meaning to me.
Long time ago, when I was younger, I heard on the radio, someone asking, 'What does freedom means to you".
Also I thought about that and spontanely came in my thoughts: 'As long as one person is not free, I am not free'.
I couldn't do anything with it, I didn't understand my own thoughts. 
After reading this quote from Eugene Debs, I understood him and myself, it is a deep religious awareness!

Something to think about!

Keep alive
Aleke!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten